Re: looking for lyrics to " vos darf men hoben gelt in der velt"

Perele,

Do you mean the song 'Az nisht keyn emine'?

Az nisht keyn emine tsuzamen mitn gelt
Vos-zhe arbetstu af der velt?
Az nisht keyn bine tsuzamen mitn gelt
Vos-zhe broykhstu af der velt?

[etc]

There are at least 2 versions of this song circulating around the
klezmer world: the basic structure is as above but some of the pairs of
middos/verbs are different. I learned one from Brukhe Caplan and
Michael Alpert, and I think it's from a Vizhnitz recording. Lorin
Sklamberg sings some different words on the Zmiros Project CD.

If this is the song, then since I happen to have both the above sets of
words as text files, I can post you the full lyrics.

all best,

Abigail

--Abigail Wood

Lecturer in Music, School of Humanities
University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK
Tel: ++44 (0)23 8059 5064    University network: 25064