Re: henry rosenblatt

At 09:24 PM 3/8/04, gottesman (at) yiddish(dot)forward(dot)com wrote:
>I would appreciate information on Henry Rosenblatt, the singing opera star
>and cantor, son of Yosele Rosenblatt. Specifically 1)did he have a Jewish
>name? 2) his life dates.

If you mean did he have a Jewish stage name, I think not, but of course he
had a Jewish name!  He also had an even more Goyish stage name, Paul
Dennis. (BTW don't all opera stars sing?)  Anyway, you could probably get
more detailed info from his nephew Rabbi Jonathan Rosenblatt of the
Riverdale Jewish Center.  <mailto:jir3 (at) idt(dot)net>jir3 (at) idt(dot)net

Cantor Sam Weiss === Jewish Community Center of Paramus, NJ