Re: KlezFest St Petersburg 2004

> Jewish music in Leningrad!  In it's 8th year!
> Had you asked me 20 years ago if this could be possible, I'd never
> had thought we'd see such a thing in my lifetime.  Wow, wow, wow.

Oh yes. Plus, the JCC is now located in the best part of the town, at
Rubinshteina (!) Street. The final concert is a sould-out gala in a
magnificent old theater in the center. After that, there's a boat tour
through the night. The highlight is when the boat docks for an hour or so,
and people get off to sing, dance and play at the Neva. And the whole thing
is run by folks who consciously chose to stay, and work hard to proudly
reinstall Jewish life.
It's an amazing community. A thrill and a privilege to work there.

Christian Dawid