Re: original compositions

Do you mean broadcast them?  Any broadcaster should have licenses with the
appropriate performing rights organizations: ASCAP, BMI, SESAC.  These groups
all have
international agreements as well, though not for those countries whose approach
to copyright is, to be polite, not much like ours.  If your composers and
lyricists don't
license their works with any of the above, they should do so asap.  I
personally belong to ASCAP but wouldn't endorse one over the others.  They all
serve their writers,
but the best choice is pretty idiosyncratic to precisely the sort of work one
does, imho.

--
Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music and Jewish Studies