Time for my annual Doudou Yasmine post

What does anyone know about darbuka player/ vocalist Doudou Yasmine? Other than
he was in Lahakat Haoud for a while, I think? A 2'nd CD has come my way- called
Basboussa. Unlike the first CD (Moufleta) there's not a single song sung in
Hebrew including the title tune which was sung in Hebrew on the first CD. I'm
amazed by how well this guy knows his way around the heavy drum- the Egyptian
one with the plastic head. Is this guy Jewish? Where is he from? Am I the only
one on this list who's heard of him?

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->