Re: Dark Eyes

In a message dated 1/14/04 3:09:43 PM, dchevan (at) snet(dot)net writes:

> Can anyone on the group tell me a little about the song Dark Eyes (Oitchi
> Tchornya)?  Is it strictly a Russian folk song or is there any kind of Jewish
> element to it?
>

>  Thanks,
>
>  David

Uh, not of much interest intellectually but my Aunt Shirley Haber Levy had a
Sunday morning radio show in Akron, Ohio I think around 1930's and this was
her theme song she sang/played at the beginning of the show. My grandfather, a
cantor, was from Odessa and not sure if her choosing of this piece was in part
from his heritage or not....

Adrianne

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->