Re: "I wonder as I wander"

In a message dated 1/12/2004 9:34:22 PM Central Standard Time,
music (at) sterlingmp(dot)org writes:
No doubt it is; but I think it is now generally accepted that, in an odd
inversion of the appropriation of many traditional songs by collectors/
arrangers, Niles actually *wrote* many of the songs that he presented
as "traditional"!
His wonderful contributions such as "Go Away from My Window" come to
mind....He may have also written what became the (Chicago) Midnight Special's
former
theme song, "You've Got to Cross that Lonesome Valley."

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->