Re: Vu ikh gey un vu ikh shtey

It's an idiom with many nuances of meanings. It can mean what is your
condition, what's going on. It can also mean "everywhere".

I've also heard it used in the context of someone (usually a man for a
woman) willing to marry someone with no dowry or other financial prospects
as - ikh vil zi nemen vi zi geyt un vi zi shteyt.

Sylvia Schildt
Baltimore, Maryland