yiddish fieldrecordings on radio

Dear list -  some of the recent music segments that I put together on
the weekly "Yiddish Forward Hour" (WMCA 570 AM, sat. night 9:00 PM)
may interest you:

All shows are downloadable at www.1050WEVD.com (go to "stored programs")

On the Nov. 29th show, I  played some of my field recordings of
Yiddish singers, namely Tsunye Rymer and Ita Taub.

Tsunye Rymer is the source of the song "Di fishelekh in vaser" that a
few bands have recorded. Ita Taub is the source of "Feter Elye" that
even more bands have recorded. (There is a different song called
Feter Elye that Noah Nachbush recoded in the 1940s)

On the Dec. 6 show,  I featured the new CD by the Fish Street Kapelye.

On the Dec. 13th show, I featured Lori Cahan-Simon's CD on Mikhl Gelbart.

In the Yiddish Forward newspaper, Dec. 12, in my "velt fun yiddish"
column, I reviewed the new Brave Old World CD "bless the fire", Lori
Cahan-Simon's CD, and the Milkin Archive release "Abraham Ellstein:
Yiddish Stage Songs".

A gut shabes and a happy khanike - itzik