Re: Sarah Aroste

Aroeste is one of the really exciting voices - and really intelligent
voices - doing interesting Jewish music right now. If Simon was going to
carry hip, interesting slightly-edgy transforms of traditional Sephardic
material, this is what I'd suggest. I'm going to give a few out this season.

(Oh, right - KlezmerShack review at
http://www.klezmershack.com/bands/aroeste/alauna/aroeste.alauna.html )

ari

At 11:19 AM 12/19/2003, you wrote:
>There was a nice NPR segment this morning on Sarah Aroste and her Ladino
>music.
>It's great that this is being covered in the national media.
>
>Judy

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/