Syyvie Braitman's CD

I recently had the delicious pleasure of interviewing and doing a program
on Sylvie Braitman's CD, Les Demoiselles de Pigalle. One of the great
advantages of this list is that she contacted me as a result of my own
post. The subtitle of the CD is "songs of the Streetwalkers of Paris, New
York, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Panama and Warsaw". With her sultry lyric mezzo
soprano voice, she takes you through the streets of Pigalle, the
experiences and emotional lives of these women. Songs are sung in French
but English translations are provided, but as they say about Levy's bread,
you need not be French to be captivated by these songs Her voice will
transport you to a subterranean vault under a Parisian café where a
chanteuse, on-stage in a svelte black dress, romances a microphone. You can
get the CD from Sylvie at curlysylvie (at) hotmail(dot)com

Cyril D. Robinson
520 N. Michaels St.
Carbondale, IL 62901
Tel: 618-549-0028
FAX: 618-453-6733
Archivist: Jewish Music Archives
Radio host: Cyril's Cabaret WDBX 9l.l FM
http://www.chipublib.org/008subject/001artmusic/jewish/jewishmain.html

---