Bobby Miller Can you help find recordings of

To Whom It May Concern:

I would be exceeding grateful if you might help me locate Yiddish music
recordings by Rebecca (Rivka) Shapiro (nee Ackerman) - stage name: Bobby
Miller.  She performed and recorded in the 1930s and 1940s until she was
tragically killed in an automobile accident.  Rebecca is a relative whose
memory we would like to preserve by obtaining as many of her recordings as
possible.   What little we know is that in one recording she sang with the
Sam Sterner Choir such pieces as "Mi Zol Sein Far Dir" and "Ay Ay Ay" and
"Shalom Aleichem."  Bobby also sang with famed cantor Moishe Oysher in a
recording made by RKO during an actual Sabbath (on Passorver) service at the
Pines Hotel in upstate NY.

Our family would like very much to access and preserve this small, but
important part of our Jewish heritage.

If you are unable to assist me, I would appreciate being directed to others
who might have knowledge of Bobby Miller and how to obtain her recordings.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rand H. Fishbein, Ph.D. fishnet (at) pipeline(dot)com

---