Re: Massel-Tov

I heard "Massel Tov" in Berlin a couple of years ago. I enjoyed their show -
although Andrea was now with them that night. I got a kick out of listening to
non-Jewish band  from Munich playing klezmer in Berlin. Go figure.
At a large books and music store near the site of Checkpoint Charlie there is a
klezmer section. (The most memorable name there was a band named "Da Gojim").

Michael

mashke (at) comcast(dot)net wrote:
I just discovered a great band (courtesy of Netscape's Klezmer Station).
They're Massel-Tov, a German based Klezmer band that's evidently been around
for 10 years. They're very near in (as opposed to far out), energetic and
acoustic, consisting of a vocalist (Andrea Pankur, who is great), clarinet,
flute, guitar, bass and percussion.

Ari has a great review of their latest album Vos iz vikhtik... (what is
important) on the Klezmershack web site, www.klezmershack.com, which very
nicely explains the band and their approach to Jewish music. The band has a web
site (in German) www.masseltov.com that has 2 Real Audio clips.

I hope they make it to Boston some day.

Dick

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->