Re: New Klezmer Recommendations?

Hi Jill,

May I be so bold as to recommend my own CD?  ;-)  My latest album is a
compilation of the songs of composer Mikhl Gelbart, and is called Vessel
of Song.  It has 15 cuts, most of which are definitely uptempo and make
me wanna dance.  The instrumentation is traditional: violin (Steven
Greenman), accordion (Walt Mahovlich), tsimbl and poyk (Alexander
Fedoriouk), bass (Henry Shapiro), flute (Adrianne Greenbaum), and I sing.

I would bet that you haven't heard most of the melodies, either!
Additionally, there's a fun, madly spinning, khanike medley on it, which
you must have for your khanike sing-alongs and twirling pleasure.

Lorele

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:39:24 -0800 Jill Friemark <sefirah (at)
earthlink(dot)net>
writes:
> Hello all!
>
> I need my fix of new klezmer and was wondering what anyone could
> recommend in the way of bright, energetic klezmer CDs.  My
> preferences  in happy klez include Di Naye Kapelye, the Klezmatics,
Frank
> London's  Klezmer Brass All-Stars,  Musikas, The Klezmer Mountain Boys,
Les
> Yeux  Noirs, The Machaya Klezmer Band, Yid Vicious,  and just about
> anything  else as long as it's upbeat (well, for the most part,
anyway!).  I
> tend  toward traditional, but something more experimental might work,
too.

> New melodies definitely a plus!
>
> Has anyone heard the latest Flying Bulgars CD and if so, how do you
like it?

> Thanks everyone, and have a happy khag!  ;)
> Jill

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!