Re: From Deborah Strauss re. Duo Concert w/ Zev Feldman (Shers)

Thanks to Deborah for all the detailed illumination and explanations of her
points she was making at the conference. I too agree that, although there are
many klezmorim playing tunes very fast and seemingly more for the gratifiaction
of the stage feel (and other factors, if speed is entering into the general
musical intent) but that also many are truly playing shers in a very moderate,
bouncy way, allowing the body to enjoy the "proud prancing" feel - that which I
love so much myself and has me so torn between playing and wanting to get out
there and dance! Anyway, I for one am really looking forward to interacting and
sharing information in the classes in Kamp coming up, casual table discussions
- or even heated table discussions - in our effort to do more and more good
sher playing and dancing.
Even though I enjoy trying to teach a sher at simchas, however, finding a quick
8 people is often not possible and if i did get enough, they often don't wish
to "settle down" enough to keep the patterns going.  It's really difficult
trying to bring the sher back to life when we live in a society that "needs" to
learn things quickly - a quick step, lead them, then let them sit down and eat
again :-)

Adrianne