Re: Klezmer Concertos and Encores

At 08:01 PM 10/24/03, AGREENBA (at) aol(dot)com wrote:
>I believe this is the recording that includes Shoenfield's Klezmer Rondos
>for flute and orchestra (and vocalist.) I would be interested to know if
>others hear much klezmer. I turned it down to play with the symphony.
>Didn't quite appeal to me, but interested what others think.
>Adrianne

Having recently heard Schoenfield's Klezmer Rondos in concert at the Milken
conference, I can say that I wasn't excited about it either.  It gave the
impression of a klezmer orchestra furiously warming up at great length
without getting around to deliver anything.

Cantor Sam Weiss === Jewish Community Center of Paramus, NJ