Leor Holtzman and origins of Klezmer and Jewish music

Leor Holtzman wrote an inquiry about the origins of Klezmer and Jewish
music, and Ari Davidow provided some links to further information.  But I
wonder if the concept of the MiSinai Tunes has been mentioned.  According
to tradition, not only did Moses receive the written Torah on Mt. Sinai,
he also received all of Oral Torah, and he also received the MiSinai Tunes
- the motives that are the direct ancestors of Torah trope, Haftarah trope
and the Prayer Modes.  My understanding is that, in turn, the Prayer Modes
are the direct ancestor of klezmer modes; and that "scientific" musicology
says that the Prayer Modes evolved in Europe within the last 1000 years or
so.

Fred Blumenthal
xd2fabl (at) us(dot)ibm(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->