Happy New Year from Jewish Music Distribution

Dear Jewish music lover

Jewish Music Distribution has launched its new website and is now able to offer
our customers a new on line shop. We would like to keep all our customers
informed with news about Jewish music and will be sending updates on new
releases and important information about Jewish music in the UK to those
customers who asked to receive information from us. To unsubscribe please send
us an email by return with subject "unsubscribe", we apologise for the trouble.

We wish all our customers a Happy New Year!

We would like to draw your attention to A Concert For Peace that will take
place on Thursday 30th October at 8pm at St. John's Smith Square, London with
guest honour Terry Waite and Geraldine Auerbach. The concert will benefit Neve
Shalom - the only community in Israel where Jewish and Arab families, all
citizens of Israel, have chosen to live together, committed to work through
problems and differences. The Israeli String Ensemble with Wissam Boustany,
Flute - Raphael Wallfisch, Cello Programme includes works by Elgar, Levi,
Kopytman and Tchaikovsky. Tickets 020 7222 1061 british(dot)friends (at)
nswas(dot)com(dot)

Recordings:

This month we are sending you information about music for the High Holidays and
other new releases:

New releases

Thwarted Voices

Classical music suppressed by the Third Reich. Yehudi Menuhin School Orchestra,
UK. Works by Schreker, Hartmann, Haas and Schoenberg. Excellent recording.

Thwarted Voices CD £14

Kol Rina

Excellent first CD from this London -based a capella group, a collection of new
settings and arrangements of modern and traditional Jewish songs including Av
Harachamim, Eli Eli, and Ilu Finu.

Kol Rina CD £14

Rise Up! Shteyt oyf!

The world's most acclaimed Yiddish music band doing what they do best. 15 new
Klezmatics tracks of ecstatic Jewish music. CD £14

Forbidden Music - artists: Daniel Hope, Philip Dukes, Paul Watkins released
2003 on the Nimbus label.

Works by: Gideon Klein, Ervin Schulhoff and Hans Krasa.

"This is a story about the power of music. Music written by three Czech
composers, each of whom was imprisoned in Nazi concentration camps. It is also
a look at the way in which the human mind and its artistic credo react when
faced with intolerable circumstances. Can one ever really divorce the context
in which such music is composed? Probably not, but then, that is not the issue
at stake. Two of these composers were celebrated on the international scene,
and the third was about to be discovered as a major talent. What they have
written is powerful, unsentimental and uncompromising. It's as if every single
note counted - these men were literally writing for their lives."

Dance of the idiots

This young Israeli musician may be an iconoclast but Koby Israelite's
Klezmer-influenced CD on John Zorn's groundbreaking Tzadik label has attracted
outstanding reviews from around the world - radical Jewish culture. CD £14

Visit our new web-site at: www.jewishmusic-jmd.co.uk where you can now buy
on-line!

Jewish Music Distribution is now happy to offer our customers a new line of
Jewish products from Rimmon Judaica, including a unique selection of silver and
gold Jewellery on Jewish motifs - Star of David, Chamsa & Chai. Visit our new
website www.judaica-rimmon.co.uk

Star of David (with Necklace) both Sterling silver Q36-30101 size 2.1 cm £23

Again wishing you Happy New Year! From Noa Lachman and all the staff at JMD and
Rimmon

To unsubscribe please send us an email with subject "unsubscribe", we apologise
for the trouble.

Noa Lachman
Jewish Music Distribution
PO Box 67
Hailsham BN27 4UW
UK
Free phone: 0800 7811 686
Tel/Fax: (44) 01323 832 863
Website: www.jewishmusic-jmd.co.uk
email: orders (at) jewishmusic-jmd(dot)co(dot)uk

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->