today's NYTimes

Hi--there is an article,in today's NY Times, "We got Rhythm; the mystery is
How and Why." If the newspaper is not available, you can go to the NYTimes
site but the article is not accessible without
giving them a lot of personal information. The article recounts research
trying to find out why music is found in all cultures, one conclusion being
that "music activated similar neural system of reward and emotion as those
simulated by food, sex, and addictive drugs" and that "it just happens to
tickle several important parts of the brain in a highly pleasurable way, as
cheesecake tickles the palate."  And I might add, is just as crumbly.