update from KFAR

Chevre-

Perhaps you've been wondering what's up in Chicago and why KFAR Jewish Arts
Center has been so quiet following last season.  Well, first there was a WAR,
then we had Sfirah (a traditional period of no music) and then came our summer
break and then there's the economy... But have we been sitting on our tuchas?
Heck, no!  We've been preparing a tasty selection for your enjoyment for the
coming year.  Check it out:

<A HREF="http://www.kfarcenter.com/tzitzitindex.html";>Tzitzit: Voices from the
Jewish Fringe</A>
KFAR is on summer hiatus, but take a sneak peak at our exciting upcoming
season of cutting-edge concerts, including some of the hottest act in
contemporary
Jewish music.  thisyear, you'll hear Diaspora Jazz, Jewish Med-Rim Fusion,
Ladino Blues, Jewish Rock, Afro-Semitism, Cosmic Neo-Klezmer Funk, Israeli
Avant-Jazz, Yiddish Reggae and much more!  Visit <A
HREF="http://www.kfarcenter.com/";>www.kfarcenter.com</A> to hear music
samples and see what in store!

<A HREF="http://www.kfarcenter.com/calendarindex.html";>Community Calendar</A>
We've also updated the community calendar, and while we're still in the 9
days of no music, there's plenty coming up after Tisha B'av, plus interesting
movies and plays to check out in the interim.

<A HREF="http://www.kfarcenter.com/subscribe.html";>Subscribe to the tribe and
buy advance tickets.</A>
If you're a diehard member of the KFAR tribal circle and went to 3 or more of
our events last year, buy your tickets in advance and SAVE.  Last year,
several of our events were sold out or nearly sold out, and with the renewed
enforcement of city venue capacity laws, we want to be sure that everyone who
wants
to attend our events can do so.  Avoid the hassle of getting shut out and save
20% by subscribing to the entire season of 8 KFAR concerts, including a
special Hanukah event.

<A HREF="mailto:support (at) kfarcenter(dot)com">Be a member of our tribe </A>
KFAR is Hebrew for a tribal village, and our village needs your support.  If
you're down with KFAR Jewish Arts Center, we're looking for volunteers to help
promote events, house and transport artists and generally support a great
mission.  You'll meet great people, work on the coolest Jewish committee in
town,
participate in great events and get invited to meet artists and attend
special events.

<A HREF="http://www.kfarcenter.com/support.html";>Contribute to Jewish
Creativity</A>
Our arts village also relies on the generous support of sponsors and
individuals whose share our vision for vibrant Jewish cultural events in
Chicago.
Consider a tax-deductable contribution to the only organization completely
dedicated to providing ongoing arts programming to Chicago's Jewish community.

<A HREF="http://booking.kfarcenter.com/tzitzitform.html";>Next year is now!</A>
Finally, we're now accepting submissions for the 2004-2005 season (I know,
can you believe it?).  If you haven't already submitted your materials, send a
HARD COPY PRESS KIT (yes, we need it) to us for consideration.  The deadlne
this year will be October 15, 2003.  ALL Jewish music genre's are welcome.
Print
and fill out the the form at <A
HREF="http://booking.kfarcenter.com/tzitzitform.html";>http://booking.kfarcenter.com/tzitzitform.html</A>

and return it with your kit.