Re: Papier iz ...

I always thought that "Papir iz dokh vays" was a Yiddish "standard". I can't
give a list but I think I've heard a number of versions (more than 5 and less
than 15 or 20) over the years.

A quick Google search reveals that it is on the repertoire or has been recorded
by Fraidy Katz and Klezical Tradition, the Columbia Klezmer Band, Yontef, Tanja
Solnik, Shawn's Kugel, Yid Vicious and Ruth Rubin. And based on the other

Dick Rosenberg