Re: Help with HH music for young

I use the following music in my family HHD services.  I posted to the entire
list because I thought it might be of general interest.

RH:

L'shanah Tovah by Peter and Ellen Allard
Tapuchim Ud'vash - trad.
We Thank (It's A Brand New Year) - Debbie Friedman
I use the following words with the trad. Avinu Malkeynu tune
Avinu Malkeynu (5x) sing only these words to first part of song - Part A

When the next part of song begins use these words:  Part B
I'll try, I'll try to be
The best that I can be
I'll try, I'll try to do what is right
And be the best me I can be.

Back to beg. part - Part A
I'm sorry for what I did wrongs (2x)
I'll try to be better, I'll try to be better.
I'm sorry for what I did wrong.
______________________________________
Shofar Song - not sure where this one comes from but the tune is basically the
same tune as the Folk Song "My Grandfather's Clock.

I am the shofar, I'm the horn of a ram
You can hear me on Rosh Hashanah
When the Ba'al Tekiah gets ready to blow
You can hear the sound of Tekiah  (ah- ah)

Not a sound in the shul, not a whisper or sigh
You can hear the drop of a pin.
When the Ba'al Tekiah gets ready to blow
The sound of Shevarim (ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah)

I am the shofar, I'm the horn of a ram
You can hear me on Rosh Hashanah
Everyone tries to count
All the blasts that I make
In the sound of Teruah - ah-ah 9x

All together that day
You will hear one hundred sounds
Which reminds us to do teshuvah
Now let's see if you all
Will be able to recall
The sweet sounds of the shofar

Tekiah - ah-ah
Shevarim - 3x
Teruah - 9x
Tekiah Gedolah - one long note
__________________________________

Tekiah - again not sure where this one comes from.  You can do it in either
Hebrew or English or both
Tekiah (3x)  zeh kol shofar (says the shofar)
Tekiah (3x)  Shanah Tovah (Happy New Year)

Yom Kippur:

I do a very brief version of Kol Nidre - so they can hear it
This is the Day - Debbie Friedman
On This Yom Kippur Day - Ray Cook
Each year we add an opening song and a solo.  Last year we did Dan Nichol's
Hine Ma Tov and Beth Schafer's Children of Freedom for these.

Judy :)

Judy Caplan Ginsburgh, Professional Singer
1999 Louisiana Professional Artist of the Year!
judy (at) jewishentertainment(dot)net     -    judy (at) judymusic(dot)com
 www.judymusic.com
Hot off the Press!  My Jewish World - a new early childhood music curriculum
http://uahc.org/cgi-bin/pressdisp.pl?list=301786
Director: Jewish Entertainment Resources - We Help You Find Jewish Talent!
www.jewishentertainment.net
Conference Chair, CAJE 23: www.caje.org
Member - Children's Music Network; www.cmnonline.org
Member - Women Cantor's Network; www.womencantors.net
"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands. You need to be able to throw something back."