RE:Review Request

In a message dated 5/26/03 6:15:47 AM, charing (at) cwctv(dot)net writes:

>       Lori:You did say that you would kindly  send us a rteview copy of
> your CD,but so far nothing has arrived.Can you tell me when to expect it?
> Thanks.
> Rabbi Douglas Charing
> Jewish Education Bureau (UK)

In a message dated 5/26/03 6:15:47 AM, charing (at) cwctv(dot)net writes:

>       Lori:You did say that you would kindly  send us a rteview copy of
> your CD,but so far nothing has arrived.Can you tell me when to expect it?
> Thanks.
> Rabbi Douglas Charing
> Jewish Education Bureau (UK)

You should probably be writing this off list but I know that you contacted me
as well. for my CD, FleytMuzik.   I immediately responded to you when you
asked for your review copy of FleytMuzik but I didn't receive any email back
from
you. I was explaining to you about the fact that it costs US senders the
actual cost of the CD plus a fair amount of postage and when you say "review
copy"
these aren't review copies; they're the real thing. So, for both Lori and I
-or just about anyone - , we're actually out the $15 for the CD plus about $5
shipping and handling, if not more. I was asking if there was some way you
could partially fund this $20 loss. Otherwise, it's like a major donation, you
see. While I certainly support your project, surely there are funds for such
projects, or at least partial. As for me, I'm down to only 20 copies left of my
first limited run so I would need to wait for the next printing which I haven't
found a good price for yet so I need to hang on to them all except for
purchases right now. The cost for making a cd when you self-produce it, is
$10,000 so
perhaps you can see my point about donating this "review copy." (In my case,
I could make a "copy" of the CD but the liner notes wouldn't be there and
therefore a radio-type copy wouldn't work either.)
Thanks - and maybe you can shed some light on this.
Adrianne

Adrianne Greenbaum
Associate Professor of Flute, Mount Holyoke College
Klezmer Flutist: "FleytMuzik"
fluteworld or cdbaby

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->