Re: Tourist seeks Klez/Yiddish in late August

Yes Lionel, there is ...

Actually one week later in Baltimore, a pleasant train ride from NYC.

It is the 8th world conference of the International Association of Yiddish
Clubs (IAYC)  - Baltimore is a hop skip and jump from Washington -- perhaps
your sister can come and even make a presentation on Yiddish Happenings in
the Land of Oz. The dates are Sept. 4,5,6 and 7. Thursday, Friday, Saturday
and Sunday. I enclose the appropriate paraphernalia and the not yet complete
program. I could find a way to include her in.

Tell her that Lori Cahan-Simon will be there too.

The theme is a salute to Yiddish Teachers. There will be klez performances,
and workshops by a who's who from der yidisher gas.

Mit vareme yidishe grusn,

Sylvia Schildt

 5/14/03 12:45 PM, Lionel Mrocki at amrocks (at) optushome(dot)com(dot)au wrote:

> My sister is travelling from Australia to Yiddish Vokh and wants to know
> if there's anything else happening klezmer gigs or yiddish-wise in late
> August, preferably in the New York area, but any hot tips will be
> appreciated for her itinerary planning.
>
> She understands that KlezCanada clashes with Yiddish Vokh.  Any other
> suggestions?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Lionel Mrocki

> Visit <<http://www.klezmania.com.au>> for the latest information on
> KLEZMANIA;  Performance dates, Sound files, Photos and more.
>
> Visit <<http://members.optushome.com.au/amrocks/karenlionel.html>>
> to see our family.

REGISTRATION FORM -- 2003 IAYC CONFERENCE
Yiddish Teachers: Heroes Then and Now
International Association of Yiddish Clubs IAYC - 2003 Conference
September 4, 5, 6, 7, 2003  Pikesville Hilton, Baltimore, MD
      (Please print)
Mr. & Mrs.
        Or
Room Mates

Street

City

State, Zip

Phone No.
______________________________E-mail_________________________________________

CONFERENCE COST $291* per person - After 7/1/03, $306 per person
Registration cost includes meals (lunch on your own Friday and Saturday),
kosher box lunch on Sunday, workshops and gala entertainment.
 KOSHER OPTION: $315* per person - After 7/1/03, $330 per person
Registration cost includes meals(Friday lunch on your own - (Shabes lunch
provided), on-site Sabbath services, kosher box lunch on Sunday, workshops and
gala entertainment..

HOTEL COST: single or double occupancy (3 nights) $285 (+ 13% tax)
Send check  to:     HILTON PIKESVILLE HOTEL
                         1726 Reisterstown Road
                         Baltimore, Maryland 21208-2984
                              Or call with credit card info.  Toll-Free
1-800-283-0333

COMMUTER CONFERENCE COST $130* per person
After 7/1/03, $145 per person.
Registration includes all events, workshops, conferences, meals not included..

DAILY COMMUTER RATE     Subject to seating availability
Friday                  $55 (workshops only)    (after 7/1/03 - $65)
Saturday                $85 (workshops, Saturday night gala concert, dinner on
your own)
                                            (after 7/1/03 - $95 )

No. Of People Attending:_____    Registration Amount Enclosed
________________________
Tour of Jewish Baltimore 9/7/03 afternoon $15  per person

Make Conference Checks payable  to:  IAYC  2003 CONFERENCE  REGISTER EARLY &
SAVE!!
                                         Att.: Ted (Tevye) Chaskelson
                                              47 Penny Lane
                                                   Baltimore, Maryland 21209
Questions, call Sylvia Schildt    410-298-4765   (creativa (at) charm(dot)net)
 Info, visit www.derbay.org

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->