Bible references in reggae and gospel music

Hi everyone,

This is off-topic, of course, but since the article Helen referred to lists
"The Rivers Of Babylon" as a popular song with lyrics that can be tracked back
to the Bible, I just felt I had to send this link which details the relations
between the Old Testament and (Rastafarian) reggae lyrics:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/davebulow/wow/index.htm

Another fascinating subject is the relation between the Bible and
African-American gospel lyrics, especially lyrics which refer to the trials and
tribulations of "the Israelites".

All the best, Eva

Let us now turn to the dances that are the special focus of the observations in
this article, namely those whose song lyrics can be traced back to the Bible.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->