NYC and HArrisburg

hi, anyone in the Harrisburg area, Tamar and I are singing Sephardic and
related sons in Carlisle, PA, Dickinson Colege Monday night the 14th
(April),

and this weekend we'll be in NYC (coffee, anyone? I'll get there
Thursday a.m.) for the Alan Lomax hommage conference, no Jewish music
there, but worth mentioning as the main concert includes Pete Seeger,
Arlo Guthrie, Jean RItchie... and I get to be part of the song swap with
Guy Carawan et al....

oh, and worth mentioning - I'll be in NYC by then but this Thursday at
York University here in Toronto, a colleague of mine is giving a lecture
on Iraqi music and has already told me that he's planning to include
considerable discussion of the contributions of Jewish musicians to
Iraqi music over the centuries as part of an effort to focus on shared
cultures in the Middle East rather than less positive aspects.

cheers from yet another April winter storm, (it was better weather in
Spain last week), Judith