Oliver

I went to see a community production of Oliver that my little niece was
in as one of Fagin's boys a while ago.  A man who is well-known in the
local acting community (in his day job--a lawyer) played Fagin.  I went
to speak to him afterward to compliment him on his performance and
mentioned that I enjoyed the yidishkayt he brought to the role (as Fagin
is a Jew, after all), and he looked at me oddly and did not thank me.  I
don't know what that was about, but, it struck me how "Jewish" Fagin's
songs sounded (especially as rendered by this actor), and different from
all the other music in the show.   Has anyone here noticed that or read
any comments to that effect?  Is this old hat already and I'm behind the
times?

Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for