Klezmerquerque

I recently assisted in the production of "Klezmerquerque", a weekend of Klezmer
music and dance in Albuquerque, NM, and I want to recognize the superb efforts
of the presenters at this special weekend.

Josh Horowitz, Cookie Segelstein, Stu Brotman and Erik Bendix were simply
incredible.  They all worked tirelessly for the entire weekend--teaching
workshops, giving performances, playing for the dancers (led by Erik) and just
generally sharing their profound and abundant talents with a generosity and
unselfishness that amazed us all.  They were truly inspiring and left us
reenergized and eager to move forward in the "Klez" experience.

And for all the producers out there, these folks were an absolute dream to work
with.  They were remarkably patient and flexibile when scheduling and
logistical problems arose.  They had a clear understanding of production
requirements and limitations, and of their own needs, which were quite modest.
And they're all just unbelievably nice--very refreshing since we often
encounter performers who are petulant and demanding.  So, if anyone is planning
a workshop, festival or other Klezmer event, I can highly recommend this fine
group of performers and teachers. I can supply contact information if needed.
You can e-mail me at cohenedmunds (at) netzero(dot)net(dot)

Please help spread the word about this fabulous group of people.  They have so
much to contribute to the Jewish and World music community and I am looking
forward to the time when I can see them all again.

Sincerely,
R.B. Edmunds
Albuquerque, NM

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->