Meshuggenismo: a strange sort of salsa-klezmer hybrid

I want to introduce, if I may, a new band called Meshuggenismo. It's a group of
veteran San Francisco-based latin jazz and salsa players doing klezmer
standards (mostly) in styles such as son, guaracha, merengue, cha cha, bolero
and so on. It's about the joy of putting things together in ways that weren't
in the manual. It's also, among other things, a twisted way of celebrating the
unsung (or not-enough-sung) Jewish musicians who helped create what we now call
salsa. It's a lot of fun.
I'm the arranger and bass player. I'd be interested in comments or suggestions
or criticisms from people on this list. You can hear samples from our
just-finished demo CD at this web site:
http://www.readthistome.com/meshuggenismo
Click the links on the left under "Listen to This!" (If you'd rather blast it
properly on your stereo, let me know and I'll send you a copy of the CD.)

Thanks!

Ted Kuster