Re: Jacinta

I just did a gig in Holland with Jacinta on the bill, and she was working
with
our promoters in Holland,  Stichtung Kultoer in Tilburg, who are doing about
five concerts with her in March. Info on their site www.kultoer.nl . For her
Belgian agent, Dirk Seymus has info on his site www.link.be . She doesn't
have
email herself, just phone and fax (she lives in France, land of no email )
She
does, however, speak beautiful and fluent yiddish,  is quite an amazing
stage presence, and is a wonderful person to boot.

Incidentally, I am sitting in a cyber cafe in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, having
just done a gig with Di Naye K in the klezmer concert series here. The Flora
museum here has an outstanding exhibit on klezmer music, with emphasis on
history, revival, and the growth of klezmer in Germany. I spoke with the
curator, Paul Baumann, this morning and plans are now afoot to develope the
exhibit into a website. They had the most complete collection of
photographs of
klezmer bands and musicians I have ever seen. If you are cruising through the
Ruhr rust belt north of Essen I suggest checking the Flora museum in
Gelsenkirchen out, and checking the site of the concert and lecture series
www.klezmerwelten.gelsenkirchen.de for info on upcoming events, including a
lecture on Klez in Europe by Heiko Lehmann, of Sukke in Berlin, which
should be
good. Also, there are photos from our gig already up on
http://www.klezmerwelten.de/spiegel-kapelye.htm
for those of you who collect Yankl Falk ephemerae.

Bob Cohen
Di Naye K.