you were right

Bart wrote:

> Hi, I thought I found a nice list.

Well, you were right - you DID find a nice list!

> 90% of
> > what I read is about religion or politics or both.

I'd be interested to see how you arrived at this statistic...

>Kol Isha would
> > seem to be a nice name for a jewish song festival with only women.

Great idea! Hey, Lorele, Trude, Sylvia et al., let's get going on this!
should we let men in too? maybe just on one day of the festival? or,
like the Michigan Womyn's Festival, maybe allow boy children in up to a
certain age only? Thanks, Bart! great start to an exciting new thread
here! And so encouraging that it comes from a man, shows our posts have
had a positive effect. As a music reviewer, maybe you can have a special
pass.

> it is not what I am
> on this list for.

I think, seriously, that this list has, with very very few exceptions,
stayed to its admirably described topic "World music from a Jewish
slant". This has included, over the years, everything from very specific
musical analysis (some of the current Wagner thread youy object to has
included fascinating musicological as well as sociological material; a
thread a couple of years ago included invaluable information and
analyses of modes used in klezmer) to comments on popular Jewish music,
to music in politics (hardly separable from Jewish life through the ages
including now), to women in Jewish music (again, hardly separable from
Jewish life at any time), and so on.

Regardless of how much I disagree with some (certainly the most minor of
minority) posts, I have consistently found this list to be probably the
most informative and enjoyable one I've ever been part of, thanks to
both Ari and his discreet moderating and generous, balanced perspective,
and the many people I'm happy to know both on the list and, through it,
in person.

If the topics are not what you joined the list for and you plan to leave
it, it's your choice, and your loss. Judith