Re: Jews and dance

In a message dated 2/10/03 8:33:11 AM, winklerh (at) hotmail(dot)com writes:

<<  "Oh, well then we wouldn't want you.  You can't expect people to come out
for that.  We need someone who does swing dancing." >>

I'm not sure I'd base this person's comment on what the general Jewish
population wants, necessarily. It was totally not where her mind was, and
that's that. She wasn't thinking Jewish at all. And, in my opinion, not
really thinking....
I personally don't have experience with repsonses to having dance workshops
available per se but that's my take on that woman's ........comment.
Adrianne
Adrianne Greenbaum
Associate Professor of Flute, Mount Holyoke College
Klezmer Flutist: "FleytMuzik"
fluteworld or cdbaby