Re: JEWISH-MUSIC digest 2495

I get the NewsGroup in digest form, and so have comments on several
things.
I wonder if it's possible to select and copy in one program (Finale and
Sibelius) and paste into the other.  It would require a computer with both
programs, so the question is probably academic.  And I'm now up to Finale
2003, but haven't been successful at scanning anything yet.  Slow learning
curve, maybe.
One can buy a PC from any number of manufacturers, so the objection to
Windows is the monopoly.  One can't buy a compatible operating system from
anybody else.  Developments in the U.S. courts could affect this
situation, but, at risk of waxing political, it's contrary to the current
trend in the U.S. to curtail anything big business wants to do.  Even go
to war.
As a Jew, the threatened boycott of Israeli musicians in Britain strikes
me as anti-Semitism.  But I also question its effectiveness.  In the U.S.
the preponderance of the audience at performances of Jewish or Israeli
music is Jewish and people sympathetic to Jews.  Maybe this is somewhat
less the case in Britain, but for the boycott to work it would need to be
directed at people sympathetic to Jewish music but unsympathetic to Jews.
It's unusual for me to be unsympathetic with a labor union, but I hope
everybody in question is independent enough of union power to employ their
own consciences.
There's still an extraordinary amount of superfluous HTML in these
messages, and it makes the NewsGroup really hard to read.  Let's all
remember to not include graphics or attachments.  This directly impacts
the readability of our messages.

Fred Blumenthal
xd2fabl (at) us(dot)ibm(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->