Re: effect on music

When I performed my piece Bosnia Blues at UBC in Vancouver, whose text draws
parallels between the Holocaust and the  slaughter of Bosnian Muslims, I was
harangued by a drunken faculty member who asked me how I dared make such a
connection.  The audience was troubled by her loutish behavior but for the most
part probably sympathetic to her views.

The Edmonton Sun, btw, refers to the folks most of us call suicide bombers (I
appreciate the terms homicide bombers and the less common genocide bombers) as
martyr bombers.  Don't mean to rag on your country Judith--I'm Canadian on my
mom's
side--but there's some troubling stuff up there (and, of course, elsewhere).

--
Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music