Re: Ashkenazi dance?

I'm not sure how to deal with this, but I'd recommend you take a few slow,
deep breaths.  First, my comments were not even in response to yours.  I
didn't even read your post.  Someone, I don't recall who, was looking for
assessments of Judith Brin Ingber as scholar and I related what I knew,
noting that she is a close friend and colleague.  Far be it from me to
attempt to weigh in as an authority on either Sephardic culture or dance in
general, but I'm guessing that various folks might have different takes on
whether Sephardic dance exists and what it might be and that some of them
might have enough expertise to be given a little attention.

I know this is an immense stretch and that others will surely disagree, but
maybe, just maybe, years spent in Israel and fluent Hebrew just might be
useful in this day and age for a non-Sephardic (or Sephardic) person who
studies Sephardic culture, including dance.  I know I'm way out of my
league here, but, IMHO, Hebrew and field work in Israel are valuable
elements of Jewish scholarship.  If I'm mistaken, consider me chastened.