Re: Chanukah in Santa Monica

thanks you've made my day, my 8 days.

sylvia schildt

sylvia schildton 11/28/02 7:01 AM, CantorJ (at) aol(dot)com at CantorJ (at)
aol(dot)com wrote:

Here are the words Sylvia requested:

I'm spending Chanukah in Santa Monica
Wearing sandals, lighting candles by the sea.
I spent Shavuos in East St. Louis,
A charming spot, but clearly not the spot for me.
Those eastern winters, I can't endure 'em
So every year I pack my gear and come out here for Purim.
Rosh Hashana I spend in Arizona
And Yom Kippa, way down in Mississippa
But in December, there's just one place for me . . .
Amid the California flora, I'll be lighting my menorah
Like a baby in his cradle, I'll be playing with my dreidle
Spending Chanukah in Santa Monica by the sea.

It repeats, adding the line "Here's to Judas Maccabeus, boy if he could only
see us" after the baby in his cradle line.

Have fun and happy Chanukah,
Janice Roger

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->