Re: OT Virus targeting Jewish addresses?

I think we're generally in agreement on the generality: Computer viruses are
ubiquitous. They target all addresses, Jewish and otherwise. Often the "From:
address is forged so that it looks like it is coming from someone, but it's
not. You can't even be easily sure who actually sent the virus to you any more.
There are reliable anti-virus packages available. They must be kept current
(either your computer should be updated at least weekly, or you should be doing
so manually).

Any message, from this list, unknown source, or a friend, that contains an
attachment, should be deleted unread. (That's my personal policy, even thought
I have good virus protection that I keep current.) If you weren't expecting an
attachment from that address, it is most likely a virus. If it isn't a virus,
it was sent by someone sufficiently unknowledgeable that they may be sending
you a virus by accident, while intending to send a document or a picture.
Delete it. Then ask.

Some of us have computers and/or virus software that works well for us. There
are no universal panaceas, but people should feel free to share that expertise
off-list, on request.

Back to Jewish music?

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/