RE: Shir Hatan, song sung by Dietrich

Hello, all!

I don't know about sheet music, but the song Hatal was recorded in the 1950s
by Hadudaim (the U.S. issue on Columbia has a photo of Miss Israel on the
cover). It wouldn't surprise me if this is where Dietrich heard the song,
since her version sounds similar to theirs.

Also, many "international" pop artists of the 50s and 60s recorded Israeli
songs - Belafonte, Eartha Kitt...

Mr. Lorin Sklamberg, Sound Archivist
YIVO Institute for Jewish Research

15 West 16th Street