Re: New CD, Harmonica Galitzianer: Klezmer Music for the Diatonic Harmonica

It was nice to receive this email as I am sitting and listening to this CD.  I
wholeheartedly recommend it.  It is very listenable, a terrific combination of
klezmer and bluesy jazz.  The harmonica sounds great doing this repertoire and
the other players are very good.  This is my 3rd listen in 2 days and my
enjoyment only increases with each successive hearing.

Shira Lerner

At 05:21 PM 9/24/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I would like to announce the release of Shtreiml?s debut CD, Harmonica
>Galitzianer: Klezmer Music for the Diatonic Harmonica. Shtreiml, meaning furry
>Chassidic hat, was founded in 2001 and blends klezmer, chasidic, gypsy and
>jazz to create an exciting amalgam of flavours and textures, while staying
>true to the traditional compositions. The group?s new album showcases
>bandleader Jason Rosenblatt?s unique approach to playing the 10-hole diatonic
>harmonica or "blues harp." Using recently devised techniques pioneered by
>harmonica master Howard Levy, Rosenblatt takes the instrument generally
>associated with the blues and fits it neatly into an Eastern European context.
>The rest of the band lineup is relatively sparse as far as klezmer groups go.
>However, thanks to Josh Dolgin on accordion, Thierry Arsenault on drums and
>Ariel Harrod on bass, Shtreiml manages to sound both full and energetic. To
>read more about the band or listen to some sound clips ! go to
>
><http://www.shtreiml.com>http://www.shtreiml.com.
>
>The CD can be purchased through
>
>www.amazon.com or directly through Jason Rosenblatt email him at
>jason_rosenblatt (at) hotmail(dot)com(dot)

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->