Re: songs about food]

Since we've deteriorated to parodies (and I enjoyed You Must Remember This),
here's one that I wrote for a Purim shpiel several years ago:

Kasha, keylitch, kichel, kneidel, kreplach, kugel, knishes,
To say them is a mouthful, but the mouthful is delicious
Even though you say we have to have two sets of dishes
Kasha, keylitch, kichel, kneidel, kreplach, kugel, knishes

My parents thought that what their parents ate was course and crude
So they fed me filet mignon and other fancy food
But eating these foods you prepare is now my fondest wish
I taste each bite with great delight
And try to name each dish

Kasha, keylitch, kichel, kneidel, kreplach, kugel, knishes
To say them is a mouthful, but the mouthful is delicious
Even though you say we have to have two sets of dishes
Kasha, keylitch, kichel, kneidel, kreplach, kugel, knishes

To the tune of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (in case you hadn't
guessed.)

Jacob Bloom
bloom (at) gis(dot)net