Re: electro/jewish music

Frédérique,

I don't know Alif Tree (but am interested in hearing them). You might listen to

Oren Ambarchi & Robbie Avenaim - The Alter Rebbe's Nigun (on the Radical
Jewish Culture label)

Not jazz, but very interesting.

  * Zohar - Keter (Knitting Factory)

Zohar is a project led by jazz & classical pianist Uri Caine, and includes
Aaron Bensoussan, a Moroccan/Sephardic vocalist and DJ Olive, member of DJ
crew WE.  DJ Olive and Bensoussan also work with Caine on a number of his
other recordings including

  * Gustav Mahler/Uri Caine: Urlicht/Primal Light (Winter & Winter)
  * The Uri Caine Ensemble: Gustav Mahler in Toblach: I went out

These are far removed from klezmer, but have interesting jewish music
connections.

Jack Zaientz

At 04:17 PM 9/6/2002 +0200, Frédérique Berni wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am still looking for electro/jewish music, especially  electro/klezmer
>in a Alif Tree featuring Rona Hartner's way (for exemple).
>
>Have you ever heard about something like that ?
>
>Thank you very much for all the ones who have already answered me last
>week, thank you in advance for the future ones !!
>
>Frederique
>
>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---