Re: A Life Apart

Of course.  The statement was not intended to reflect a thoroughgoing
prohibition on instrumental music, except in certain traditions like the Satmar
chasidm or the even more restrictive group Shiloah describes.  My recollection
is that their views on music or skating in an anonymously published pamphlet,
but may simply be that I can't remember the name of the group.  It wasn't
anonymous, I'm sure it's in the book.  I'm also aware the book isn't universally
liked, but I have no reason to doubt the veracity of this particular passage.