  From: Bert Stratton
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 7:57 AM
  Subject: Re: Terry Gibbs

  This record came out in the 1960s. Jack Saul, Cleveland record collector,
estimated 1963. Ray Musiker on clarinet. They play Bay mir bistu sheyn ,
Kozochok, Voloch and a few others. The tunes have an A/B/A format, with 'A'
being klezmer and 'B' being jazz improvisation. They don't try to mix the two
styles.

  For an encore, try "Shelly Manne: My Son the Jazz Drummer." Same kind of
thing. Also, from the 1960s.

  Jack Saul taped these LPs for me years ago.

  -Bert Stratton
  http://www.yiddishecup.com