sophie kurtzer et al.

I am currently researching women who sang cantorial repertoire, or played
klezmer music, before it was possible to do so professionally. I am looking
for relatives or friends of such women -- for instance, Sophie Kurtzer
(sister of cantor Yossele Kanevsky) and Bernice Kanevsky (Yossele's
daughter), who also performed under the name of Bas-Sheva.
If you knew these women, or others engaged in similar musical activities, I
want to hear from you! Leads on contacts are also welcome. I know, for
instance, that Kurtzer had a nephew who was alive not long ago, and wish to
locate him.
Tamara Bernstein
Toronto, Canada

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->