Alan Lomax 1915-2002

hi, while not connected in any particular way with Jewish music, Alan Lomax was
a great figure in the world of folk music, the folk revival, ethnomusicology,
ethnographic and semi-pedagogic film, the co-inventor of cantometrics and
choreometrics, etc etc.; as many of you know, I've been working as editor of
the Spain Series of Rounder Records' 100-CD Lomax Collection. I work closely
with his daughter Anna Chairetakis Lomax, and his death this past Friday, July
19 2002, affects us all. Judith