Re: Maxwell Street Klezmer Band

In a message dated 7/6/2002 1:49:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
sloijazz (at) ca(dot)inter(dot)net writes:

> Bonjour Lori,
>
> I am a music promoter doing concerts, tours and a publishing company to
> contracts out songs by various composers to movies & television series.  I
> am moving my offices and I think jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org email was
> lost in
> the middle of my mailing list, sorry. But what do you do?
>
> Serge

Bonjour, Serge!

Hi--I'm Lori, the Director of the Maxwell Street Klezmer Band.  We do
original spins on klezmer and Yiddish music (in a traditional jazz and
classical vein), accenting the music's joyful spirit and humor.  We've been
around since 1983 and have just released our fourth album on the Shanachie
label.  One of the tracks from our third album was recently used on "State of
Grace" (ABC Family TV), which brought in a pleasant sum.  I think there are
many more accessible tracks on our recordings ready to be offered to the
American mainstream.

Maxwell Street's recent touring has been in Europe.  (The band is currently
playing at a festival in Norway, and goes to Germany in July.)  We dropped
our agent and are doing our own bookings for now, but I'd be happy to talk to
anyone who has the two great ingredients that appear to be lacking in much of
the agent population: Honesty and Energy!  Please tell me about yourself, and
let me know your website so I can take a peek.

If you will give me your address, I'll pop our last 2 CDs in the mail to you.
 And thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Shalom,

Lori Lippitz
Maxwell Street Klezmer Band
www.klezmerband.com