Re: Jewish prayers & klezmer modes

Yes, but not always, because at different times of day or week or
year different modes are used for the same prayers, and at some
synagogues they don't even know which is the correct mode to use
ever.

Jonathan Zimet has produced an instructional tape with davening modes
and charts and explanations of which are to be used when.  You can
reach him at:
        Jonathan Zimet <jdz (at) zimet(dot)org>

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland