[Fwd: Re: College level Jewish Music course]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: College level Jewish Music course
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:18:08 -0400
From: Judy Pinnolis <pinnolis (at) brandeis(dot)edu>
To: jewishmusic (at) jmi(dot)org(dot)uk

Geraldine:
As long as you are speaking "in the world", I consider Hebrew University,
Bar Ilan and Tel Aviv University to be major "main stream" universities, and
they all have Jewish music courses taught by very excellent and imminent
musicologists. But perhaps this is the only courses he teaches, is that what
you are referring to? Other professors may teach Jewish music, but not
"exclusively", but there are quite a number of them in the US.

Judy