From: "Joshua Horowitz" <horowitz (at) budowitz(dot)com>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 4:48 PM
Subject: Vmeste can't be stopped

Due to the sheer barrage of requests for the Russian version of the series,
"Geld For Guilt" by Josh Horowitz, the third installment has already reached
the shelves with a splendid translation by Inna Gerlovina. If you can read
Russian and want to experience second hand the trials and tribulations of
playing klezmer music in German speaking countries, order your copy of
Vmeste now:

Vmeste no. 5 (58) May 2002.
1850 Tice Valley Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA. 94595
Tel 510 704-7475

An excerpt which was not included in the aforesaid installment:

If regional uniformity were a culinary virtue, Germany would display the
most exquisite cuisine west of Warsaw. The habitual consistency of the
food of the entire country should never fail to impress even the most
undiscerning. Worthy of mention is the pork quantity of your average
backstage spread. Each and every venue will feature a platter of10 slices of
salami, 10 slices of bologna, 10 slices of stabilized white cheese, 8
monolithic pickles, a small bowl of bite-size chocolate bars, 2 liter boxes
of discount artificial orange juice, a kaleidoscopic array of rye bread and
a six-pack of fizzy bottled mineral water for those who enjoy the sensation
and dramatic effect of burping into the microphone during the verbal
delivery of their song introductions.

Yet despite the refreshing regularity of the German dining experience, some
promoters remain adventurously attentive to the singular eating habits of
their guests...

Promoter: We have kosher catering for you backstage.
Horowitz: Oh, I didn¹t know there were any kosher caterers here in
Krapfenheim.
P: Specialty of the house. We made it ourselves, so there¹s no pork on the
plates.
H: Great, but why do you call it kosher?
P: No pork and no milk, right?
H: Sure. Yes, of course, but, um, what about these crab sticks?
P: Oh, don¹t worry, there¹s no pork in them either.