Re: More virusi

At 08:29 PM 5/7/2002 -0400, you wrote:

> I guess it's old news by now, but I've gotten several more .zip files
> (containing a virus, I assume) from the addresses of other members of the
> list, as well as from jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org(dot)  So be alert,
> music lovers,
> and don't open any downloads from me!
> Lori

I hope it is old news that the so-called "klez" (probably created by Sephardic
music fanciers, harumph) virus fakes the "from:" line in a message, so things
that come with attachments, from people you know, probably contain "klez", can
infect you, and probably are NOT from the people who appear to have sent them.
Dan Peck sent this article URL that may help explain:

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,52174,00.html

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/